Friday, September 4, 2009

Do I pray with Deceitful Lips

This is a question one needs to ask when one prays to God. Is one’s intention pure and holy and lined up in accordance to the will of God. One certainly hopes so.

But, notice the boldness of David as he addressed God in Psalm 17:1. He said, “Hear a just cause, O LORD, give heed to my cry; Give ear to my prayer, which is not from deceitful lips.”

David is telling God that his prayer is true and unselfish.

I’m not saying we pray with deceit intentionally. But, our prayers and supplications are made under the full weight of God’s intentions and not our own. Professional athletes warm up before playing. We need to do the same before we pray. Ask God to lead us in pray. As David says in Psalm 18:28, “For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment