Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tick Tock Three O'Clock

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye. (Ps 32:8)

These days, it is impossible for me to sleep through the night. I wake up around 3 AM and need a quick trip to the bathroom. When I return to bed, my immediate concern is to get back into dreamland.

But, sometimes, the LORD has other ideas. Sometimes, He wants to say something to me and it is hard to sleep when God is talking to you. I ask Him why He doesn’t tell me these things during the day and His Spirit seems to say that I never listen to Him in daylight. At least at 3 AM, He has my attention. So, I listen. Maybe it’s that still small voice deep within my spirit that He stimulates to convey what He wants me to know. But, I’ll lay in bed and listen and unfortunately, argue with Him. Are you sure, LORD? Just don’t argue; just listen. As the psalmist says, God will instruct and teach you in the way you should go.

I need to remember in the future not to fight it. I should just get up and sit down at my desk and start writing down in a journal, these things the LORD is instructing and teaching me in the way I should go.

Tick, tock, it’s three o’clock and that’s the word of The Day.

2 comments:

  1. Gene:

    I too, have experienced this. Many times!

    Sometimes it's better to just submit as soon as you're woken up. If God wants you to go back to sleep, you'll get a nap later in the day. Besides-you need to listen to His voice and see what He has to say.

    BTW-who's "Bubba"? Not you?...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ira,

    Friends of our years ago would call us the Bubbas. Sue and I call each other "Bub". So, yes, I'm Bubba.

    ReplyDelete